Our aim is to make it as easy as possible for you to get paid doing what you love.
In return, we expect that you will uphold the Pawshake’s Pawsome Sitter Standard so that owners can continue to trust our community. As a sitter, you are an important extension of our team and your success is important to us.
Below are the some key factors of a successful sitter:
- Research your pricing: Your services must be priced adequately (not too high or too low). Compare to pet sitters in your neighbourhood if unsure. As a new sitter, starting with slightly lower prices means that you can build a solid reputation by getting some good reviews on Pawshake. Afterwards you might choose to adjust your prices a little.
- Be responsive: Keep your response rate perfect by answering all enquiries and messages quickly. Fun fact - 3 out of 4 Pawshake sitters respond to a pet parent within an hour of receiving a request.
- Professionalism: Treat pet parents, their homes, and their pets with care and respect. For example, ask if you are unsure about instructions, be understanding that a pet may be a little unsettled the first time they are staying with you, and show up on time.
- Cancellations: In order to maintain the trust of pet owners in our community, we ask that once you have confirmed a booking, you do not cancel it. The pet parent is counting on you.
- Share photos during your bookings: Share at least one photo or update with the pet parent each day. In fact, the more you share and keep the pet parent up to date during the booking, the happier they will be.
- Calendar: Regularly review and check that your calendar is up to date. This ensures that owners won’t be disappointed if they contact you and you are actually not available.
- Remain active on Pawshake: If you open the website or app regularly, we know that you’re still active. Active users get more visibility in the search results.
- Stay connected on the go: Don’t forget to download the Pawshake app! This way, you can communicate efficiently, manage your bookings and share photos on the go.
- Be proactive: Share your Pawshake profile, make use of your custom marketing materials and spread the word that you are a pet sitter! Lean how to get more bookings here.
We want you to do well and succeed! The more successful sitters we have, the more we can continue to do our part and grow a thriving community dedicated to loving pets.