Here at Pawshake, your safety is of utmost importance to us. We have many precautionary measures in place and constantly work hard to provide all users with a safe platform, but the occasional safety concern might occur.
We take all cases very seriously. If you receive a request that feels suspicious, click on the ‘Flag this message’ button under the message in question. There are a number of options that you can further choose to specify the concern:
- Inappropriate content: This includes messages and enquiries that are irrelevant to pet sitting, contain inappropriate or abusive language, or even actual harassment.
- Attempt to pay outside Pawshake: All bookings have to made via Pawshake as it demonstrates a high level of commitment to the assignment, and both parties will be protected and covered by The Pawshake Guarantee. As mentioned, trust and safety is a top priority for us, so please let us know if a user is attempting to breach our user agreement.
- Ask to use another website: This includes users who ask you to take the conversation to another platform. We urge you to keep all communication within our messaging system as it is secure, and we will be able to better assist you in the event that anything happens.
- Spam: This includes advertisements, users who send excessive enquiries or messages, and actual spammers.
- Other: You may use this option to indicate any other concerns you may have. However, we request that you do not use this option if a sitter declines your enquiry or booking. Our sitters often have a good reason for declining a request and will inform you of it in their response to you.
It is important that you trust your gut feeling. If any message or situation raises any alarms, don’t hesitate to let us know. We’re here for you.