There are a number of reasons why a sitter may decline a booking request. It may be because they don’t have the experience, availability or home facilities for your specific pet's needs. The pet sitter may also need more information about your requirements before agreeing to a booking.
When a sitter declines your booking request, the funds will be automatically refunded to your account. Unfortunately, depending on your payment method, this may take 5-10 days to be reflected in your bank statement.
If you experience an extended delay, we recommend contacting your financial institution as, unfortunately, this is outside of Pawshake’s control.
From here, we suggest the following:
- Contact 2-3 additional pet sitters in your local area (be sure to check their response rate and past reviews).
- Always send an enquiry with your dates and requirements to a pet sitter. From here, arrange to meet and greet before sending a booking request.
- You can contact a pet sitter via their profile by clicking on the 'contact' button. Be sure not to select the 'book now' button when contacting a sitter for the first time.
- If you have not uploaded a profile picture and a picture of your pet, we recommend doing so as this will increase the likelihood of a pet sitter approving your enquiry.
- The more information you can provide about your requirements and pet’s needs, the more a pet sitter will feel confident in being able to help you.