At Pawshake we are constantly spending our time creating awareness and directing owners to our sitters' profiles. We have a dedicated team that spends a lot of time and effort creating marketing campaigns, advertising and direct marketing.
However, the best way for you to get more bookings is to tell people about yourself and show them how great you are! People are more likely to book with someone they have met or feel comfortable and connected with so the first step is to make sure your profile is attractive (see How do I create a nice profile?) and up to date.
Then, here are some additional and simple things you can do to let people know about your profile.
1. Share your profile with your friends and family and let them know that you are now offering pet sitting services so that they can help to recommend you to people they know. Word of mouth recommendations are very powerful!
2. Get the word out to your local community by joining some community online forums or groups and recommend yourself when someone is looking for a sitter (someone is always asking!).
3. Business cards and flyers are also great. You can generate and download your complimentary marketing materials via your profile dashboard. Then the best places to approach with these are your local vets, dog grooming salons, boutique pet stores etc.
4. If you have a pet of your own and are part of any communities or frequently visit certain areas (like your local neighbourhood dog park), use that opportunity to tell other pet owners about your services. Maybe the next time you are out in your local neighbourhood and see your neighbours walking their dogs, smile and say hi and introduce yourself.
5. Reach out to some local dog trainers or dog clubs in your area and introduce yourself. Many of them train dogs but they don't provide walking services so they might be willing to refer clients to you if you also offer to refer clients who need training to them.
If you offer home boarding or house sitting services, partner up with a local doggy day care. Many don't offer boarding but have clients who ask for recommendations all the time.
It's always a great idea to get to know your local neighbourhood residents and businesses better. You might not only form some new friendships but also have a better advantage over other pet sitters in your area.
6. And lastly, the most important thing is to do a great job caring for pets! That way you will make pets and their owners happy, gather positive ratings and your profile will attract even more pet parents in search of the perfect pet sitter.
The more bookings, positive ratings and repeat guests you have had, the higher your profile will be ranked in the search results. As an added benefit, word will get around, your clients will recommend you to their friends and you will have a growing clientele in no time!