Pet owners are looking for reliable, available sitters to take care of their precious pets. Nothing is more important than finding the perfect sitter, who truly connects with and loves their pets as their own.
When a pet owner starts looking for a pet sitter, they really want to find out who the pet sitter is. After all, they wouldn't give their pet to just anyone. That's why it's really important to cover certain information in your public profile. Specifics can later be discussed via Pawshake messages.
Remember - you can't please everyone, and that's okay. There's a perfect sitter for every pet or situation, and that's why you should be honest about what your preferences and abilities are. Think about what kind of pets you want to take care of. This will help you determine which pets you can do a great job for as a sitter.
When you're ready - just log in to edit your profile via the link below!
Haven't created a profile yet? Click 'become a sitter' - button below to become a pet sitter on Pawshake!
Let's start with the basics:
Your profile picture is the first thing that an owner sees of you on Pawshake and making a great first impression is naturally important.
Tip: Think - would a pet owner easily recognise me when meeting in person for the first time?
- Make sure you choose a recent, completely centred, front-facing portrait shot of your face in which your entire face and eyes are clearly visible.
- The photo must be well-lit, sharply focused and completely clear. A smiling, colour photo works best.
- You are the only person in the photo. Your pet can accompany you, but they must not block your face at all.
- Blurry, dark, poorly framed photos or photos that are too zoomed out/in won't be accepted. The composition of a passport photo or headshot is a good guide for the size.
- Photos that do not include your face clearly
- Pictures that include hats, sunglasses, filters, text or effects that cover your eyes/face will not be accepted.
This is your chance to shine. Why should a pet owner choose you? What kind of pets do you take care of? Tell owners what you're like and what your preferences are.
- Write about yourself in detail - who are you?
- Basic biographical details - age, occupation etc.
- What is your usual availability like? Do you work full-time, or have availability during the week?
- What motivates you as a pet sitter?
- What kind of experience do you have in pet sitting?
- Have you gained pet care experience previously, such as volunteer work, courses or training? Have you had pets of your own in the past?
- What services do you offer, and specifically, what is included in them?
- Please review our service expectations closely before commencing pet sitting
- If you offer any additional services that aren't mentioned in our service expectations, please be sure to mention this in your profile description. Arrangements for these additional services can be made between yourself and the pet owner.
- Are you able to travel far, or do you prefer to work in certain suburbs?
- If you offer in-home services such as Doggy Daycare or Home Boarding
- Please include all of the above, as well as thorough information about in-home services
- What's included in the services you offer?
- How long are the dog walks or how many do you offer per day etc?
- How much time you can usually spend with guest pets on a daily basis?
- Are you a student or do you work? What is your availability like?
- What is your home like?
- Do you have a garden, a courtyard, or a fully-fenced garden? Are the gates completed secured?
- Where are guest pets permitted and allowed to sleep?
- Who else lives in your household? Any roommates, family members or resident pets?
- Remember - clearly structured text, with paragraphs and/or words marked in bold or in italics makes the description enjoyable to read. And don't forget to use a spell-checker before submitting!
- Success tip: It's best to be specific, don't leave pet owners with unanswered questions.
A great gallery supports what you've just written in your description. Aim to choose pictures that complete your story - remember; you can always add more later.
- All pictures should be high quality, i.e. well-lit, well-framed, in focus and with a great resolution
- Please include images of yourself, preferably interacting with pets, but also out and about without them. This is so pet owners can get a chance to get to know you and your personality.
- If you offer home boarding or doggy daycare*, be sure to include images of where pets will be staying in your house. This includes any relevant indoor and outdoor images, and images of family members or housemates who will be involved with the pet sitting.
- Take pictures of the places where the guest pets might spend their time
- Do you have a backyard? It's good to include photographs of that, too
- What's the area around your home like? Pet owners want to see that the neighbourhood is safe, so it's a good idea to add a few pics of nearby parks etc.
- Make sure all your images are upright - you can easily flip them in the Pawshake app
- Pet owners want to get to know YOU - so show them plenty of pictures of yourself, your home*, your local neighbourhood, nearby parks and anything else you think may help showcase your personality and pet sitting style.
- Do not apply any filters to your gallery images
- Please do not include duplicate pictures in your gallery, such as your profile picture
- Poor quality, poorly framed, blurry pictures - please remove such images that do not follow our guidelines.
What not to include in your profile
It's equally important to know what not to include in your public profile. We're looking out for your safety at every twist and turn, but so should you. For safety reasons, you should never include sensitive personal information in your public profile, such as:
- contact details: phone number, address, email address, social media accounts etc
- social security numbers or bank details
- a picture of your passport
- pictures of your specific location (remember; we never share your address publicly)
When an owner contacts you, you can then share relevant personal information in the safety of a private conversation. You can freely decide when you share your details with them, if at all. We respect your privacy.
Inspired? Log in to edit your profile via the link below!
Haven't created a profile yet? Click 'become a sitter' -button below to become a pet sitter on Pawshake!