Note: This badge is currently only available in Australia.
Trust and safety are very important at Pawshake. As such, we strongly encourage all of our pet sitters to build a safe community by doing an online police background check.
Completing an online police background check via Pawshake will display a special Police Check Badge on your profile. The Police Check Badge will improve your chances of getting bookings, as pet owners feel confident in sitters with a police background check.
Getting a national police check through Pawshake is easy, fast and 100% online.
- Your police background check is valid in all Australian states and territories
- Enjoy more booking requests from owners who want a trustworthy pet sitter
- Use your police background check to improve your resume for job applications
To add a Police Check Badge to your profile, simply click below to begin the online process.
What happens when I apply for a Police Check Badge?
- When you start the application process, a link will be sent to your Pawshake email address. Simply follow the email’s instructions to complete your application.
- Once you complete the application, the result will be sent to us after it has been processed by our verification provider.
- The Police Check Badge will be automatically displayed on your profile if we receive a positive result.
How does an online police check work?
Pawshake has teamed up with InterCheck Australia to provide an easy, affordable and convenient police check process for our pet sitters.
InterCheck Australia is accredited with the Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission (ACIC). ACIC reports back if your record contains any Disclosable Court Outcomes.
You will receive a Police Check Badge if:
- You have a clean police history (i.e, you don’t have a Disclosable Court Outcome); AND
- Your name on Pawshake matches those provided for the police check.
It is our policy that if your check returns a negative result, you will not be able to display a Police Check Badge.
How much does it cost to get a police check on Pawshake?
It only costs $37.50 AUD (includes GST) for a police check on Pawshake, which will display a Police Check Badge on your profile. This fee is non-refundable.
How long will my Police Check Badge be valid for?
Your Police Check Badge is valid for 12 months. You will be able to see the date that the police background check was last verified on your dashboard.
A reminder will be displayed on your dashboard when your Police Check Badge is within one month of expiry. After expiry, simply restart the process to renew your police background check and your Police Check Badge.
I already have a police check. Can I use this to get a Police Check Badge?
At this stage, we can only accept police background checks that have been completed through our Police Check Badge process. We rely on our trusted verification provider to process the check for accurate and safe results.
How long does it take to get a Police Check Badge?
Completing your online police check is quick and easy. If you have your documentation ready to go, it takes less than 10 minutes to apply.
Once you have applied, it takes 1-2 days for us to receive the result of the police check in 70% of cases and 3-12 or more business days in 30% of cases. This is because ACIC may need more time to process your check, which is out of Pawshake and InterCheck’s control.
There is no need for you to send us a copy of your certificate. The Police Check Badge will be added to your profile automatically once we receive a positive result. Intercheck will also send you a copy of your certificate to your Pawshake email address for you to keep for your own records.
- Pawshake reserves the right to remove the Police Check Badge from a pet sitter’s profile at any time.
- Please fill in your police background application correctly, thoroughly and accurately.
- By completing the police check application, you are consenting to the outcome of your police background check being sent to Pawshake by our verification provider. You are also acknowledging that this will be used by Pawshake in assessing your suitability as a pet sitter on our platform.
For further information about police background checks, please visit https://www.intercheck.com.au/ and reach out to their friendly support team.